Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Day Two, In Which I Confess Failure And Why I'm Happy With It

I think I made it through maybe 1100 words yesterday in my quest for a 3k day, and I'm perfectly content. Or perhaps I should say, I'm happy with the beginning and confident I'll do more when I'm comfortably settled into my routine. 

I will also point out, for reference to my future self in re-reading these chronicles, that yesterday I was operating on very little sleep, which always makes me a little loopy and distractable. My increasing age probably has something to do with that as well. Be that as it may, I'm still up for the the 3k A Day self-challenge, even when I fall short, way way short, of the goal. Because I'm putting my rump in a seat and my fingers to the keyboard and generating something. Cohesiveness, it may be hoped, will follow as I get back into the swing of things.

I'm returning to the blog later on today, but right now I have to make my bed, brush my hair, and put some creamer into my rapidly cooling coffee. (C is for Coffee, that's good enough for me!!)

Because I operate better with a made bed, brushed hair, and three quarts of coffee (creamed or not). That's why.

One ritual at a time

One routine at a time.

One subroutine at a time.

I'm getting there, one millimeter at a time.

No comments: