Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just 'cause

One of the blogs had to be the knitting blog. This one got to be the writing blog. I'm settling into my diversities; my dh would probably call it caving into my insanity -- but they don't have to be mutually exclusive, do they?

I'm staring at the clock, waiting for midnight to get here so I can start NaNoWriMo and then get to sleep. I have baking to do for a potluck tomorrow -- it was supposed to be last week but the smoke from the sunny southern Cali fires was so thick that any outdoor activity was deemed unhealthy. Yeah. I know. It was healthier to delay and now I won't have to worry about hacking and coughing but....

darn it, I have a novel to start. And I was realllly looking forward to being able to sleep in a bit tomorrow. And plan A. for staying alert went out the window when I got all of four trick-or-treaters; I have enough chocolate to feed a regiment and I'm already sick of it. No chocolate covered coffee beans for me...is it a sign of madness if someone seriously considers eating the espresso beans straight out of the bag?

A bit over an hour to go. I'm going to clean up the last of the pumpkin guts and blow out the candles, and then I'm going to use up all of the hot water in the house. Hopefully I will be wide awake when midnight comes around, 'cause I'm hoping to chunk out 2000 words and crawl into bed asap.

No comments: